Etobicoke Youth Strings
Etobicoke Youth Strings offers a unique learning experience for young musicians. This orchestra is customized to the needs of the young string players to provide a nurturing and motivating environment. The young musicians will have opportunities to rehearse in a string ensemble with other highly motivated players and to perform concerts featuring individual members of the orchestra. Violin, viola, cello and bass string players who seek a superior level of performance, have an advanced level of music reading skills and have eagerness to play will enjoy and benefit from participation with us.
Violin, viola cello and bass players are invited to audition.
Approximate age guideline: Ages 11 - 18
- To provide a training ground for young musicians and to pursue their musical studies in the community.
- To inspire music students to higher levels of awareness and achievement in the arts.
- To nurture musical creativity for youth with commitment and dedication.
- To provide a cultural resource to the community and to encourage the appreciation of music.
- To provide opportunities for students to perform in a formal concert setting.
The repertoire is selected according to the levels of the performers each season. A typical program will focus on classical selections of the great masters and also include a variety of genres to broaden the musical tastes and talents of the musicians.
REHEARSALS: Monday nights weekly starting September 2010 until May 2011.
TIME: 7:30-9:00 pm
Islington United Church (map)
25 Burnhamthorpe Rd. (Dundas & Burnhamthorpe)
New students are welcome to attend or sit in on a rehearsal.
Fees will be processed conditional upon your acceptance into EYS.
Shari Lundy - Director
Phone - 416-239-0523
Email - email@example.com